Friday, October 1, 2010

"Happy October!" or "Two Blogs in One Week...Crazy!"

I bought candy corn the other day. It was a mixed bag containing regular candy corn, candy corn pumpkins (my favorite in the candy corn family) and the kind-of-weird-but-still-tasty chocolate candy corn. For me, this was the welcoming of Fall, my favorite season.
I love the warm colors and the cool temperatures. Fall also means football. I've actually been able to watch a couple of Clemson games this season which is something I haven't been able to do in a couple of years.
And, Fall means that the holiday season is right around the corner (confession: Relient K's "Santa Claus is Thumbin' to Town" came on shuffle the other day and I didn't skip it). To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out my thoughts on Halloween but I will hopefully get the opportunity to get lost in a corn maize this year.
Another holiday staple that I enjoy are the shaped Reese's candies. Right now there are the pumpkins but shortly there will be the Christmas trees followed by Hearts in February and Eggs during Easter.

What about you? What is your favorite season and how do you celebrate it's beginning?

No comments: