Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The White Horse

Even though The White Horse is a Rock Hill staple, it wasn't until the Spring of my junior year at Winthrop that I first ate there. I don't remember much about it though. I remember it was on Valentine's Day and I was taking Brandi there. I remember buying a flower for her from whoever was selling them in the Winthrop cafeteria that year. I also remember having said flower crushed by the time I gave it to her because it was in the inside pocket of my jacket.
I also remember that my grandfather had died earlier that morning. That last fact is probably one of the reasons that I don't remember much else from that night.

The second time that I went to The White Horse was tonight, again on a date with Brandi. We walked in and were immediately greeted and led to the back of the room, through a short hallway into the further back where it was a little more secluded. Actually, one of the things I enjoy about the restaurant is that they have tall seat backs. I didn't feel like I was having to share dinner with the people behind me. Service was quick and friendly and the food was delicious. I tend to judge a restaurant by the quality of its burger and The White Horse passes the test.

If you haven't been there yet, or been there in awhile, you should really go.

No comments: